2017 Lawn Mower Rules
New rules are in Red
1. Only front mounted motors are allowed on mowers. No rear mounted motors allowed.
2. Must be a factory lawn mower engine, briggs & stratton, tecumseh, onan, etc.
3. No zero turn mowers allowed.
4. Only belt driven mowers allowed.
5. Electric start mower preferred, you must be able to start your mower from your seat. No lying across the hood of your mower to start it.
6. Battery and fuel tank cannot be in front of the motor. They both must be securely attached. Gas tanks must have a cap. Any mower leaking fuel or that is not safe will be disqualified for that heat.
7. All plastic, lights must be removed. Mower decks must be removed.
8. All mowers must have a factory hood and factory fenders. Plastic hoods may be replaced with sheet metal hoods. Hoods must be secured by bolting, chaining shut.
9. Engine bay area may be reinforced but must be contained inside of the hood and maintain factory body lines.
10. All mowers must have leg and feet guards installed. These guards must be built to protect feet and legs. The outside of guards must be covered with sheet metal. They may be welded or bolted to rear fenders and front frame and foot rest area. These guards must be built safe. Any mower with an unsafe leg guard or any guard that falls off during event will be disqualifed or not allowed to participate. Leg guards must be behind front wheels and in front of back wheels.
11. A back seat bar is allowed. This is to protect the back of the seat. This bar may be mounted to the rear fenders of the mower.
12. Clean up your welds! We do not want any participants cut from nasty welds.
13. Frames must be stock. Frames may have repair welds. Frames may have added metal to attach bumpers. Mounting brackets no longer then 12 inches.
14. Spark plug and carburetor protectors are allowed.
15. Exhaust must not extend out from mower hood area. Must be safe! We do not want any burns! No Stacks!
16. All mowers must use lawn mower type wheels. Rear wheels (rims) may not be any larger than 12 inches in diameter. Tractor treads and cut tires, atv tires are permitted. Air in tires only(no foam filled tires).
17. No duel wheels allowed. No wheel covers. Wheel weights or chains are allowed.
18. Tubes, slime, and other sealants are allowed. No Foam Filled Tires Allowed. You are allowed to glue or screw tires to rims.
19. Modifications or replacement of the drive pulleys is allowed, but all mowers must be safe and participate at a safe speed. Official decision is final.
20. Transaxles must be factory available transaxles, but reinforcing and/or welding of spider gears is allowed.
21. Bumpers, all bumpers front and rear must be safe! NO pointed or jagged bumpers. Bumpers may not exceed 3 inches by 3 inches and no wider than inside of wheels.
22. No grill guards on front of mower. All reinforcing must be behind sheet metal and contained inside of hood area.
23. No kickers or braces from front bumper to leg guards.
24. Mowers may have steering altered or reinforced but modifications must be kept to a minimum. (call first)
25. All mowers must have number painted on side or back
26. All drivers must wear a helmet. All other ground rules and event rules will be gone over in the drivers meeting. Officials decision is final. Mowers can have rollover bar. Cannot be used for reinforcement for safety only (no bigger than 2x2 material to be used for this).